CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Yummy Crock Pot Desserts


Most of you who know me, know that I use my Crock Pot for just about everything!  I especially love using my Slow Cooker for desserts!  There's just no describing the aromas that fill your home!  Try it, I guarantee it'll beat ANY candle out there and it definitely shocks dinner guest when they realize that desert was made in the Crock Pot! 

Here are a few of the recipes that my family asks for over and over again...








Apple Brown Betty





This recipe is a definite crowd pleaser!  I love this any time of the year.  The cinnamon and nutmeg really make the house smell yummy!  The kids love helping out with this one too!!!

What You Need

• 3 pounds Granny Smith Apples or whichever you prefer

• 10 slices of bread, cubed (about 4 cups)

• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

• 1/8 teaspoon salt

• 3/4 cup brown sugar

• 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted

What To Do

1. Wash apples, peel, core, cut into eighths; place in bottom of crockpot.

2. Combine bread cubes, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, sugar, butter; toss together. Place on top of apples in crockpot.

3. Cover. Cook on low setting 2-4 hours.


My Sweetie & I have used the next recipe, which is my all-time fave many times for "stay home date night".  It's absolutely wonderful and much more affordable than the Melting Pot. 



Yummy Chocolate Fondue








This fondue can be served right in your crockpot or you can transfer it into the cute fondue pots but make sure to light the candle!

Ingredients:

•18 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped

•1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped

•6 oz. milk chocolate, chopped

•13 oz. can evaporated milk

•1/4 cup powdered sugar

•1 tsp. vanilla, liquor or your fave extract (I sometimes use almond)

•Fruit, cookies, and cake pieces for dipping 
(We use Pound Cake, Assorted Berries, Candy Bars, Marshmallows use your imagination!)

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients except for the extract in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low until melted.  You have to watch this one!  Cooking times really depend on the age of your Slow Cooker.
Once melted, add vanilla and stir. This can be kept on low for another hour. Serve with dippers or just use the untensils the good Lord gave ya and have  fun!  :o)

0 comments: