CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Perk up that Cup O' Joe!




Coffee is essential to most of us Moms. We aren't all privileged enough to be able to cruise through the ol' Starbucks drive-thru and order us a "Java Mocha Chip" every day the urge hits us.


Here are a few things that I do from time to time to perk up my cup:

I love the flavored instant coffees. International Coffees has some wonderful flavors and much to my delight, Starbucks has come out with single servings of their many different flavors. I add these mixes to my regular coffee to give it an extra kick as well as a yummy "flavor shot".

I also love adding spices to my Coffee before I brew it, especially during the holidays. You can skip on paying 9 bucks per bag of the "fancy stuff" and add pumpkin spice to your regular brew of choice. The possibilities with spices are endless!

My Mom purchased a Magic Bullet for me a few years ago as a stocking stuffer and I find that it works really well for making cold versions such as iced mocha. I basically use the instant stuff, blend it and add whipped topping along with a caramel or chocolate drizzle...whatever I am fancying at the moment.

The truth is, it's your cup of happiness. Make it work for you! You can take the 5 bucks you would spend at Starbucks and buy the add-ins that will easily last you 2 weeks. Now that's magic that Starbucks can't whip up for ya and I'll  toast to that!

0 comments: