CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

"Spa"-tacular At-Home Spa Recipes



I have to admit it, I am so spoiled!  At least 4 days a week, this SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) drops her kiddos off at the bus stop and heads off to the spa.  There are days where I just long for the aromas that seem to be captured only at a spa or salon and I am fortunate enough to be able to go any time I please.  Money is no object and the sky's the limit when it comes to pampering this Mama and I love it! 

You see, my spa is located in the privacy of my own home.  My kitchen pantry is my ticket to rejuvination any day of the week.  I will never pay the ridiculous prices of any spa or salon!  Knowing that I just lined some business' pocket with money that could have gone towards fun for my entire family or a necessity is ludicrous to me and there's just no way I could lie there even amongst all the intoxicating smells and seductive music with the intention of enjoying myself... the bill would SNAP me back into reality real quick!!!  I'm not saying that I don't deserve a "Hollywood Spa Session" for all that I do for my family, but it's just not in my DNA to blow money on something that last only hours.  Besides, I see no point in paying tons of money for something that I can do right at home.

Some of the recipes, I suppose are good enough to eat and are definitely kid friendly.  Donalyn enjoys having Mommy-Daughter Spa Days, they make for lasting memories.  These recipes can also be used to pamper your significant other on a romantic date night in...trust me, this idea goes great with the fondue recipe posted last week :o)...  Below you will find some of my faves.  I hope you take time for yourself and enjoy these "spa"-tacular recipes...


Apple Brown Betty Scrub

2 tablespoons brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon  apple sauce *
pinch each of cinnamon & nutmeg

*This recipe can be pre-made and put in jars for when you are ready to use this scrub.  Just mix all of the ingredients together and your done...it's that simple!  Baby Apple Sauce Food Jars are perfect for this!  Just add the other ingredients to the jar, mix and you're done.

Once your in the shower and you've moistened your entire body, simply apply this scrub from the neck down paying close attention to problem areas such as elbows, knees, ankles, feet (this recipe works wonders on your feet!)


 Honey-Nut FaceMask

1 Tbsp honey
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp almond oil
1 Tbsp yogurt

Mix all ingredients together and you're done.  Apply to face and read a mag for 10-15 minutes.  Then use a warm damp wash cloth to remove residue.


Smooth Locks Smoothie

1/2 a banana
1/4 avocado
1/4 cantaloupe
1 tbsp almond extract
1 tablespoon yogurt.

Blend well in blender and apply to hair...  Leave in for at least 10 minutes.


Facial Scrubs

-Mix sugar and honey together until you get desired consistency then scrub away.

-Lemon juice applied to cotton ball and dabbed on T-Zone works well as an all natural toner!

Also...

You can use this morning's coffee grinds combined with your fave moisturizer and scrub.  The coffee will naturally wake up your skin.


I hope you find these at-home spa tips as enjoyable as I do!!  Have fun & use your imagination in the kitchen!!  The sky's the limit!! 

Remember, your life is way more than average, so go out and live it in a BIG way!!!

1 comments:

Briana G.

These spa recipes sound amazing! Great job Kristen!! :-)