CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Where Does Time Go?


Today has been a reflective day.  I attended two awards ceremonies for my beautiful sisters and I couldn't be more proud of either one of them.  It seems like only yesterday Chelsa discovered how to motorboat every spoon full of her oatmeal breakfast onto my Sunday clothes and now she's almost a Junior in high school.  Gosh!  Where did time go?!?!  Don't even get me started on my Tessa, she'll be in eighth grade next year, so I still have a while before she starts thinking about college and leaving.  Tessa's really something!  She truly is one of my best friends.  I'll never forget when she was nine months old, playing with her in the hall way when she just hopped up and walked into the kitchen.  There was no crawling with that girl.  She just did it.  She's such an amazing girl and I am so privileged to have them both in my life.

Don't even get me started on my own children!  Yesterday was Field Day and as I sat back and watched both of my children play and laugh, I couldn't help but think about how much they've grown just in the past year, let alone since they entered my life.  RJ was an absolute answer to prayer.  All of my life, I prayed for God to bless me with a little boy to love and to cherish and He gave me such an amazing gift.  I remember when RJ was 1 and every night we used to have a pretend firework show as he drifted off to sleep.  We would stare at the ceiling and he would point out the different colors and shapes we "saw".  Now, I can't get the boy's face out of a book to save my life.  He's forever learning and even teaching me new things.  He really is an awesome kid!  Donalyn will be 6 in August.  That girl just rocks my world.  I remember during the ultrasound being worried that as a child, I prayed all of my chances away for ever having a girl; but much to my surprise I was wrong.  She's such an amazing blessing, so full of life.   I can't help but feel blessed every time I see her.  We had a rough start with many medical problems, thankfully just on my part.  I was so worried that I wasn't going to even live to see her born, let alone be able to cherish her.  But God brought me through it and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

I'm sure that there are many parents having these same reflective thoughts this time of year.  Especially during graduations.  I don't even want to think about it...I don't think I'd get through my sisters' graduations, let alone my children.  I feel for the parents this year who are about to watch their "grown" children embark on a different chapter in their lives.  My prayers are with them.

If you are lucky enough to be able to share a part in a child's graduation this year, the following link offers the Top 10 Graduation gift ideas that you might not normally think about to help these kids along through the next monumental chapter of their lives.

http://www.purpletrail.com/partytrail/special_occasions/graduation/top-10-graduation-gift-ideas


My prayers are with Alliance's 2010 Graduating Class.  As I watched them walk towards the front of the church this morning, surprisingly a wave of emotion hit me.  I've watched most of those kids play Softball and Basketball for 4 years now, rarely missing a game.  I will miss all of them.  They are really such a beautiful group of kids and I pray God richly blesses each of them through their life's journey.



*Remember...your life is way more than average, so go out and live it in a BIG way~!

0 comments: