CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

*Recipe Alert* Crock Pot Lasagne



Lasagne is delicious... but I have a confession to make, when it comes to "home made" lasagne, I AM NOT THE ONE!!!  My hubby makes all kinds of home made lasagnes.  He can go into the kitchen and whip up an Italian Sausage Lasagne, Pizza Lasagne, Chicken Lasagne & my fave, Seafood Lasagne... *sigh* PURE HEAVEN!!!

When I announce to the family that I'm making lasagne, they know what's coming!  This recipe takes seconds to prepare, very cost friendly and (to me) is just as delish as if you'd went through the entire lasagne making proccess.  Enjoy...

Crock Pot Lasagne

Ingredients:


1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed or ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cans your fave spaghetti sauce
3 c shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
1 container (16 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 uncooked lasagna noodles (12 oz)



Cook sausage or ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked; drain well. Stir in spaghetti sauce.

In a  large bowl, combine 2 cups of the shredded Mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese.

Spoon 1/4 of the sauce mixture into crockpot; top with 4 lasagna noodles broken into pieces to fit. Top with half the cheese mixture and 1/4 of the sausage mixture. Repeat until crockpot is almost full and top with shredded cheese.
Cover and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours, or until noodles are tender.



I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.

*Remember... your life is way more than average, so live it in a BIG way!

0 comments: